Monday, December 14, 2009

Gathering the Pieces


As a former foster child, I have distinct memories of moving from one place to another.

Every time I moved, I felt that I was leaving a part of myself behind. Sometimes it was something physical and tangiable that I hadn't had the chance to pack. Other times, it was entering a new school, and having to "prove" myself all over again.

That's why I agreed to be one of the writing contributors of Pieces of Me. As I look back on my teenage years, and young adulthood, much of it was spent parceling through prior pieces of my life and building a cohesive -- if somewhat messy -- whole.

I would have loved to own a copy of this book during that time; it would have been like the voices of friends, accompanying me along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your blog =). It's good to hear a little more about people from behind tha pages of the Pieces of Me book. I'm still working through reading it myself =). I also wanted to say i love your puzzle image... keep up the blog, all the best.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete